It’s that time of year, where for some family gatherings can feel intense and emotionally draining. In this episode, Jen and Alice share some simple strategies from a place of prevention to help you stay grounded and deal with those ‘moments’.
Did you enjoy the podcast today? Please let us know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date on all the fantastic things we have coming.
Christmas Day can bring up many emotions for people.
If you are going to family gatherings where there may be challenging behaviours, here are things you can do.
- Make plans for how you can deal with those situations.
- Take yourself quietly outside, take deep breathes and ground your feet on nature.
- Decided whether you want to go back in or not. Remember you don’t have to, you can leave if you decide.
- If you go back in, connect with those who have behaviours you align to and that lift you up.
For those who are alone on Christmas, thing about volunteering at a homeless shelter and make connect with those who would appreciate it.
Remember, often we get angry because our expectations aren’t met. However, we are responsible for those expectations we set for ourselves. No expectations, no disappointments.
Smart & Sassy Steps
The Smart & Sassy steps we want to share with you today.
- Do what feels right and surround yourself with those who lift you up.